Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Vintage Wednesday - Barbie's Collectors Cards

I have had this item for a while now - it's not vintage, it's from 1992, but reminds me of a good time, it's like so long ago, a precious time, a vintage time, something unique - and I would like to share it with all of you.

My father-in-law is a big non-sports card collector, so I always see him and my husband spending a good deal of time looking over cards, cards, and more cards.  Some of them are very interesting, with "sketches", unique pictures, and different drawings, which sometimes draw me into looking at them as well.

Well, last Christmas he gave me a box of cards as a present - and to be honest, I never even thought that Barbie cards existed, I haven't opened the box yet, I don't know yet if I will...  But, I really, really want to...

Anyways this got me to look around and around and I began finding all kinds of nice card sets all over the place...  including a number of Barbie sets...  I wonder what I might get next Christmas...









 

4 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love the Barbie stickers. Even I have one at home. As a child were being collected with an album. Too bad not kept. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know someone who has those same cards. She loves paper products. How cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I love these cards! Would be so awsome if you opened the box and scaned them. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marta, Brini and Ada. I'm very attempted to open the package...cards are not really like dolls, they don't really lose value when opened, so I may do that Ada, great idea!
    I used to have some Barbies' comics, stickers and paper dolls as a kid, but they are so long gone :-(, i wish i still had them...
    thanks for stopping by girls!

    ReplyDelete