Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Monday, November 12, 2012

Celebrity Monday - Army

Since this week started with a celebration and memory of those who served the country of United States, Veteran's Day. I have decided to do a post about the Army Barbie dolls. A way to show appreciation for the country where I live and plan to raise my kids. As this is a Barbie blog we won't discuss politics or anything like it, but say thank you for those who embrace the nation and took their own country in their hearts, protecting and going to fight for a better future is the minimum I can do.

For me, they are celebrities and deserve to be celebrated!

The first army Barbie was released on 1989.

Army Barbie (1989) American Beauties Collection, Limited Edition (Mattel)

source: barbiecollector.com



source: eBay

source: eBay
1992 Army Barbie Stars n Stripes Rendezvous with Destiny Mattel Military Doll

source: eBay

source: eBay

1993 Barbie and Ken military set - African American version

source: eBay
I also found a Mattel doll as Elvis Presley celebrating his army years.

1999 Elvis Presley the Army years



Hope everyone have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love this collection dedicated to the armed forces. It's a very American and patriotic collection. In my country is never on sale in stores. Elvis is much like the singer. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,

    Thanks for sharing!:)I had never seen these army Barbies before,I agree with Marta that it's very American and patriotic!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Marta said, this collection is not sold in Spain, and it's a pity, I love the first one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete