Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vintage Wednesday - 1962 Garden Party Outfit #931

I found this cute outfit browsing on eBay and decided to post on today... This outfit was sold as a set on 1962 for Barbies, very well representing that time when ladies used to wear these dresses, I thought was very cute.

The set was a dress, a pair of gloves and a pair of shoes. The original says Japan on the bottom of one of the shoes. These are the originals - picture
s are from eBay (the auction said the item was original and it was in a very good condition as shown on pictures)






An outfit with the same name was reproduced in 2000 designed by Robert Best: Garden Party Fashion




But the perfection reproduction was released this year. Have you seen this?

This is one of the outfit you get when you buy on of the dolls. Its a 2012 Mattel release designed by Bill Greening.


(http://www.barbiecollector.com/shop/doll/lets-play-barbie-doll-w3505)

Hope you all liked :-)
 

8 comments:

  1. It's a lovely dress... but I must confess I'd rather prefer the one by Best... it's all about the huge hat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes Rossetti, the hat on that outfit is the star!
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: I love this dress. The design of Robert Best: Garden Party Fashion is gorgeous. It is a pity that my country stores are not on sale these collections of dresses .. We keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to have these back as well Marta!
      thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Such a great blog! Tried to follow you but had some errors will try again soon,,it would be nice in the meantime if you can follow me at:http://aggirlforever.blogspot.in/

    Asmita <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asmita,
      What kind of trouble are you having?thanks for letting me know. Hope to have you on board soon, everyone here is great!
      Following you as well :-)
      Keep in touch!

      Delete
  4. Hi,wow I agree with Rosetti I prefer the one with the hat,it's the prettiest!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't disagree...Pam, the hat is the winner!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete