Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Monday, July 2, 2012

Celebrity Monday - Shakira

When I think "Shakira" I think Spanish and sexy songs. She's a good example of a beautiful Latin Woman. Tan and curvy body with long and curly hair.

Shakira, is a Colombian singer-songwriter, dancer, record producer, choreographer and model who emerged in the music scene of Colombia and Latin America in the early 1990s. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakira
Unfortunately throught the years she have changed quite a bit for a "Hollywood" type look...Well, that didn't change her talent.



This picture reminds me "Britney Spears" in the beginning of her career...
Don't you think?
By the way Mattel also created a Britney Spears doll. Well, it will be a post in the future...




Anyways...This song was huge down in Brazil back in the 90's - The song that introduced the singer to the brazilian public. It's so clean in my mind...I love it!!



In 2002 Mattel created a "Shakira Doll" - 2002 International Superstar -  I don't think she was a Barbie Doll.
Nothing like a latin girl, this doll, for me, was nothing less that a Barbie likess doll. Not saying that I din't like the doll, but a better job could havee been done. If only she didn't became blondie...Don't really blema Mattel i guess.




2003 International Superstar  - 3 versions - I couln't find much info on them.





Hope everyone have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Nice to revist this doll. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roville,
      Glad you liked the pictures and the post.
      Thanks for stopping by :-)

      Delete
  2. Hello from Spain: Sakira is a great singer but she is the partner of a Spanish footballer of Barcelona soccer team and she is always in the tabloids. She bore and the public. Now they say that she is pregnant ... I do not like anything. The doll is very nice. I did not know there was a doll of the singer. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marta,
      I didn't know she was dating a Spanish football player. I'm sure you hear a lot about her because of that...that's the way the tabloids works...
      Glad you stopped by!
      Keep in touch!

      Delete
  3. Hi! did not know that shakira had wrist ... mmm not sound like much, no? but the costumes are lovely! Greetings from Barcelona!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria,
      Glad to see around :-)
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete