Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Vintage Wednesday - Roman Holiday Barbie outfit

I first saw this outfit in Jennie D'Amato's book. One of the specially size made exclusively for Barbie in 1959.



The outfit package contained:
 -A red and white ribbed cotton bodice
 -A navy skirt with back zipper dress
-A matching coat with half red lining, gold buttons
-A white plastic belt
-A white plastic clutch purse
-A black open-toe pumps
 -A white short tricot gloves
 -A black rimmed eyeglasses with white eyeglass case
-A white plastic comb
-A white cotton unhemmed hankie, white pearl on chain necklace
-A red straw cord hat
-And a tiny brass compact with inside mirror and teensy pink cotton puff(this item, according to " fashion doll guide" is a very rare item.


 The outfit was reproduced in 1994 - 35th Anniversary Vintage Barbie Reproduction Gift Set


 Love the tiny accessories!
Happy Wednesday to all!
 

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: I love the outfit in red. . Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now they don't do things like that, sometimes I wish I had a time machine!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...sometimes I wish I could go back in time too, and get so many things i would like to have from the past.

      Delete