Barbie Cafe'

Barbie's Cafe' Search

Custom Search

TRANSLATE BARBIE CAFE' HERE

Monday, May 4, 2009

The Biggest Barbie Doll Collection


This German fan alone has more than 6000 Barbie doll. The Barbie Doll Collection of Bettina Dorfman.


"There's probably nothing I don't know about Barbie," admits Bettina.


"It drives my husband crazy every time I come home with a new doll. When I tell him it's getting harder and harder to get the rare ones he laughs and says, 'That's
because they are all here in the house!'"


Bettina started collecting Barbies 12 years ago. Her first one was a rare Midge doll, brought out by Mattel in 1963 and marketed as Barbie's best friend.


"I guess I'm obsessive but I have just liked them since I was a little girl. People
say I look like Barbie - although I don't go out of my way to look like her. My
hair is naturally blonde." She has even set up a repair service with people sending her dolls from all across the world. She plans a collection of at least 10,000 dolls. Bettina Dorfmann: "I will not stop collecting Barbies until I die" (http://www.worldrecordsacademy.org/collections/Largest_Barbie_doll_collection-world_record_set_by_Bettina_Dorfmann_90161.htm)



No comments:

Post a Comment